2017-2018 School & Transportation Fees
On May 29, 2017, The Board of Trustees approved the elimination of Base School Fees for the 2017-2018 school year, falling in line with the Alberta Government’s Bill 1: An Act to Reduce School Fees.
Basic Educational Services
Instructional Supplies & Materials (2017-18)
- $0 for qualifying Pre-Kindergarten and Kindergarten
- $55 for Community Pre-Kindergarten
- $0 for Grades 1 to 6
- $0 for Grades 7-9
- $0 for Grades 10-12
Enhanced Educational Services
Fees for Optional Courses Grades 7-9
- No fee will be charged for Options in 2017-2018 school year (Pilot).
Fees for Optional Courses Grades 10-12
- Dual Credit $300
- Driver Education $300 or $350 (Urban/ Rural)
- Career Technology Studies $40
- Phys. Ed. 20/ 30 $50
- Outdoor Education $50
- Cosmetology $65
- Foods Grade 10-12 $110
- Construction 10-12 $80
- Fabrication 10-12 $100.00
- Mechanics 10-12 $100
- Grad Fee up to $150
- Yearbook up to $65 if students are provided with the option to purchase. Students must be informed they have the option to opt out of the annual Year Book fee.
- First Aid $20
- Foundations for Industry Training (3rd Party) $227
St. John Bosco Book Deposit $100
- A refundable book deposit will be collected to ensure the resources are returned.
- A Caution Fee will be charged for students registered in the following programs:
- Green Certificate $100
School Trips & Events
- School Trips like Skiing, Edmonton Visits, Jasper - at cost
- Swimming Lessons during Instructional time – at cost
Program of Choice: Celtic Academy
- Celtic Academy in Grades 4-8 $195 per month for 3 day program
- Celtic Academy in Grades 4-8 $140 per month for a 2 day program
- Athletic Development 9 $400, Athletic Development 10 $500, Athletic Development 20/30 $400
Program of Choice: Pre-Kindergarten
- $330/ month for a 5 half-day Pre-Kindergarten program (Teacher)
- $265/month for a 5 half-day Pre-Kindergarten program (Instructor)
- $330/ month for a 5 half-day Pre-Kindergarten program (Montessori)
- $165/ month for a 3 half-day Pre-Kindergarten program (Instructor)
- $200/ month for 3 half-day Pre-Kindergarten program (Montessori)
- $125/month for lunch coverage for qualifying Pre-Kindergarten programs
Principals in consultation with participating families may set school-established fees. School Principals must be able to justify the cost of the additional fees. School fees may be charged for:
- Extra-curricular activities such as Athletics, Skills, or Fine Arts activities up to $200/student in junior high and up to $950/ student in High School to cover costs for equipment, safety equipment, jersey replacement, tournaments, registration, hotels, and travel. Students are required to pay for meals on top of the extracurricular fee.
Student can be charged a fee to be transported on a bus if the student is in
- Pre-Kindergarten to Grade 3 and lives less than 1.7 km from their designated school
- Grade 4-12 and lives less than 2.4 km from their designated school.
- Student will not be charged a fee to be transported on a bus if
- the student crosses a major arterial road. Major arterial roads are defined as Wapiti Road, 68th Avenue, 100th Street, 132 Avenue and 92nd Street south of 100th avenue
For only a brief summary of the changes, please read the summary document below.