2018 Diploma Exam Schedule and Additional Resources
EXAM WEEK: Diploma Exam Schedule, Diploma Practice Questions & Resources and Writing Tips!!!
Be Informed & Be Prepared!
- Part A Diplomas: January 11th to January 15th.
- Part B Diplomas: January 23rd to January 30th.
When students return on January 8th from Christmas Break there will only be three days of classes before Part A Diploma Exams begin (Jan 11th to Jan 15th) and two weeks of classes before Part B Diplomas and Exam Week (January 23rd to January 30th). The first Part A exam is January 11th and the last day of Options classes and Non-POD classes is January 22nd. On tuesday January 31st semester two begins.
- St. Joseph Catholic High School Specific Information
- GRADE 9's: Exam week does not impact Grade 9 students as they run a full-year schedule and are not affected in any way.
- GRADE 10, 11 and 12 PODS/COLLEGES: Students are obligated to attend their four core POD/COLLEGE core classes during exam week (January 23rd to January 30th). For that week all POD classes will have their core classes in the morning (8:40am – 11:25am); this is a flip for students that regularly have their POD courses in the afternoon and is done to accommodate students that travel by bus. POD/COLLEGE students are not required to be at the school during the afternoon, however we will have areas with teacher support and supervision available for students who are bussed or for other reasons choose to be in the school for the entire day. This can be an excellent opportunity to study for other exams, catch up on missing work or resubmit work that requires revisions. If a POD/COLLEGE student does have a final exam in a semester-course they will be released from class to write their exam at its scheduled time. Example: Physics 20.
- REMINDER NOTE: Grade 10 and 11 PODS/COLLEGES HAVE THEIR SCHEDULE FLIP STARTING JANUARY 31st, 2017! For the remainder of the year their core blocks times will be oppositie that of first semester. This is to ensure better access to complimentary courses and a balance for all students in terms of the time of day their core classes are delivered to them.
For more inforamtion on Diploma Exam writing stop by St. Joseph Catholic High School Student Services office and speak to Mrs. Martin.
ALBERTA EDUCATION DIPLOMA EXAM STUDY RESOURCES
Diploma Exam Schedule (Scroll down to page 3 for the January 2018 Schedule): CLICK HERE
Diploma Exam Practice Questions, Exemplars, Released Materials and Examples of Standards for Students' Writing for each subject's diploma exam:
On-Line Diploma Practice Questions (Quest A+): CLICK HERE (To view this resource your CPU must have Adobe Flash Player version 11.1.0 or greater installed )
Subject Specific Diploma Exam Preparation Guides:
- Math/Science https://education.alberta.ca/media/3653521/07-mathscience-guide-for-students-2017-2018_20170912.pdf
- English 30-1 - https://education.alberta.ca/media/3653621/07-ela30-1-studentguide-2017-2018_20171006.pdf
- English 30-2 - https://education.alberta.ca/media/3653622/03-ela30-2-studentguide-2017-18_20171006.pdf
- Social 30-1 - https://education.alberta.ca/media/3680565/07-ss30-1-student-guide-2017-18_20171012.pdf
- Social 30-2 - https://education.alberta.ca/media/3653457/07-ss30-2-studentguide-2017-2018_20170831.pdf
THIRD PARTY STUDY RESOURCES ...
*Diploma Exam On-Line Prep Sessions: http://www.rockthediploma.com/online/index.php
*Castle Rock Research Diploma Study Workbooks: http://castlerockresearch.com/all-books-alberta?category=Grade%2012
*Please note: "Rock the Diploma & Castle Rock Research are not Alberta Education resources. St. Joseph's and Grande Prairie Catholic Schools are not promoting the services and/or products they provide but are providing information as families have inquired about additional resources that are avaiblle for Diploma Preparation.
Many free resources from this service can also be found at http://www.rtdlearning.com/ It should be noted that working closely with your St. Joseph classroom teacher continues to be be vital as the Diploma Exams approach and is our #1 recommended strategy to prepare for Diploma Exams.